Friday, July 4, 2008

polishing again but different

Whew, it was humid today. The temperature was in the middle 80's, but the humidity was close to 100%. I donned my blue bandana, and got out the cyclo polisher that Rob Baker loaned me. I put on some terry cloth covers and applied some Nuvite A. What a different experience than the compounder. In seconds the surface looked like a mirror. There are still some major scratches and blemishes, but it looks good, it looks good to me. 

I applied some of the graphics that I had made. I am not sure that I am going to stick with this font. It is a little thin and does not stand out  strongly against the mirror like surface. I will wait until after the Vintage Trailer Jam and get some feed back from the community as to what they think. 

4 comments:

the byamcaravanner said...

The polish and the graphics look good... I might have gone a little smaller on the font, but I like the script. It will be interesting to see if the narrow letters hold up to the weather. BTW, is that a blue running light? Can't do blue in WI.

Frank Yensan said...

No Steve, it is the blue tape that I used to cover the lens... makes clean up easier.

utee94 said...

I love the polish. I like the lettering too, but it does seem like it might be a bit thin.

Oh, and my wife says quit yer bitching about the balmy 80-degree weather! :)

-Marcus

Anonymous said...

go with a thicker font....