Thursday, July 31, 2008

for a good cause

Been awhile in posting, not much going on in Anna Land.

However, something that has happened is Anna's name plate has been drilled off. It is on it's way to Steve at Vintage Trailer Supply to be reproduced. Vintage Trailer Supply will soon be offering exact copies of Anna's name plate for those 61- 64 International models built in Ohio. Presently he just offers the California plate. Hope all you out there purchase them from him. Anyone that does will get a complimentary number stamping from me. You just pay shipping and I will do it free of charge on any of those name plates once they are offered. This is not an offer from Vintage Trailer Supply, this is offered by Frank's Trailer Works as a thank you for using one of Steve's plates.

I have been asked recently about the polishing and where it is going. Well not much has been going on. I did however, today buy a new cyclo polisher from, yes, Vintage Trailer supply. I plan to get back on the horse soon.

I will have to go back and compound many areas that I did previously with the Diamond Brite Tool Box polish. That polish only shined the surface and did not really polish. As you can see in the photo above it is streaked with new oxidation. This is the results after three months. It is all a learning experience about what works and what does not. I have learned that the best way to polish is with the best tools and supplies possible. Nuvite is without a doubt the way to go. It cleans the pores and polishes the surface with a precise abrasive grit. The difference is like night and day within a short period of time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Frank,

If you need more practice, I will send my new unit to you once I get it.

Steve

FlossiFur said...

Hey Frank, glad to see you didn't drop off the earth! Check out my blog! I thought you or rob would have something to say about it!
Carol