Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A long time coming

Sorry folks the blog has gotten stale and I have not posted in a while. I have excuses and promises as to why no Airstreaming has taken place.

Excuse #1 "The House"... I now have all the siding and trim done. The house is now ready for a painter to come work his magic. I am not going to attempt to do it myself. Some jobs are just best left to others. Beth told me no Airstream renovations until the house is finished. I still plan to do some porch details, but it is far enough now to get painted.

Excuse #2 "Keeping Warm".... I also have been preparing for the cold weather quickly aproaching. We had a hard frost on Monday and winter is imenant. I have been cutting, splitting and stacking firewood. Now my back is all wanked out of sorts again, but we can stay warm. I heat my shop with wood and we suppliment the house with it. This is about 2/3rds of what we will need to get through the cold months. I am sure Marcus is salivating at all that oak stacked up. How much meat could you smoke with that?

Promise #1... In two days we go out with Anna to Knoebles Amusement Park for their Haunted Park. Not sure how many trailers are coming to this unofficial gathering. I promise something about the weekend by Sunday. This will be our last event for the year. One final event to top off an excellent year. This final trip will lead into....
Promise #2... By next weekend I will have the entire front end of the trailer gutted out. Yep, you heard that right. I will be removing everything in the front half of Anna right down to the frame. I want to get moving on the project so that by Cherry Blossom Rally everything is 100% complete.

2 comments:

utee94 said...

Frank, that oak does indeed look great. I could do dozens of briskets with that wood!

And I can't wait to see your work on the front half of the trailer. You are a hero, and an inspiration, and I'm not even being sarcastic on that second one... :)

-Marcus

Unknown said...

Frank, Marcus would have plenty of time to smoke some meat, he's not posting on his blog either!!
NUTZ