Sunday, December 9, 2007

The true Airstream spirit...

I want to introduce my new friend Sam Baldwin.

Sam has helped me out in a major way. He had made a post on the Airforums about replacing his "pink elephant" I knew right away that he was talking about an early 60's Dometic. I had commented on the fact that it looked looked an elephant too. The thread was old, but I sent Sam an email inquiring as to the referance about the pink elephant. Turns out that we have identical units, only difference is his hinges right and mine is left. Even better was that no one wanted it, no one but me. Well now I have a 1962/ 1963 gas only Dometic refrigerator with all it's interior parts. I am so thrilled, for the refrigerator is my favorite thing about the trailer. Not only did Sam have the fridge parts, but he had the TV antenna that looks like a B 52 hovering above the trailer...

He had the living room dual source fixture...

He had the old Bowen heat diffusers to convert into a new water heater door...

The best thing he had was insight to save these things for someone else. Sam said he knew someone would come along that needed them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

the byamcaravanner said...

I agree, there is no replacement for the look of a vintage fridge.

Thanks for passing along the "folks helping folks" story. Those parts will add to the "soul" of your trailer that you can't be bought at the RV store.