Monday, October 13, 2008

Pressing issue at hand

I want to go camping very badly. Unfortunately I have to wait another eleven days till that happens, ten if I don't count tomorrow which isn't even here. So to divert my attention I have been trying to keep busy. I have been working on my house a great deal which will be a blog post later in the week. I needed a diversion that involved the whole family. The result was pressing cider.

My good friend Mike Patton has a cider press and we put it to use. Both my girls helped out with the process. Halle mostly picked out the best ones and proceeded to eat then. I feel sorry for her day care lady today.

Ava was a total trooper and helped non stop until everything was pressed. She kept feeding them into the chopper at a steady pace. Bruce is running the chopper which gives the old arms a work out.

We managed about nine gallons of delicious fresh juice. Now to encourage some of it it to get hard so that it can really be cider.

2 comments:

crowldawg said...

Them your own apples? What kind?

crowldawg said...

I know you are a trailer guy but I have one of those presses sitting some where around the Dirty Garage .
Does that one have a shredder ? Do you know where to get one?