Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The proper way to care for your Harbor Freight tools.

I have come to realize the harbor freight tools are wildly popular with the weekend warrior and ammatuer airstream restorer. I mean, where else can you buy a MIG welder for under $100? Where could you ever dream of buying a stand up sandblasting cabinet for $149 on sale this month? Well the answer to all your dreams is harbor freight. They have hooked up with the Chinese to bring you the cheapest tools on the planet. The Chinese are willing to work for next to nothing, some even bring their children to the factories so you, the American consumer can pay next to nothing for their finely crafted tools. The greatest buy around has to be the complete polishing kit that includes a variable speed 7" compounder with a velcro head and many pads and bonnets to go with it. It usually sells for $ 29.97, but last month it was on sale for $14.97. No bullshit folks, less than $15.00. A bargain I just could not pass up. Well with all these inexpensive tools I felt many might not know the right way to handle and care for their new purchase. I wanted to help the inexperienced ones out there and show them how to care  for their tools. Hope this helps all of you out there.... 

You will need some sale circulars. Wow, $19.99 for a reciprocating saw, I spent $179 on mine, what a fool I am. I find the quality of the harbor freight circulars to be superior to all others. The full color ads really bring out the zing in the tool. The blue looks so complimentary to the orange handle. Now loosely crumple them up and create a nice soft bed for your tool. You would not want to damage it in any way.

Now once you have placed your compounder or any harbor freight tool in a nice bed of circulars, it is time to add the fuel. I find that there is no need to using high test. Such a bargain tool would never require such an  expensive fuel. Buy what ever is cheapest, Hell , it is all the same, right? Be generous now....

Be safe and use safety matches, and strike away from you....

And now your tool has been reduced to it's real value. I sure hope this sets you on the right path to a long relationship with harbor freight tools.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I laughed hard at this one. :)

the byamcaravanner said...

I hope you unplugged it first ;-0

I'm glad that from now on you will be buying the red tool that say "Milwaukee" on the side. They are much better than those orange tools that say "Chicago"

John Kwasnik said...

Didn't you buy your sheet metal break ay Harbor Freight? I'll do you a favor and take that puppy off your hands so you can save the fuel. I've got some c-channel to bend up.

PS - a good hippie would have used draft cards to get the fire blazing.

Frank Yensan said...

it is all metal and cannot have it's performance enhanced by heat treating.

crowldawg said...

I hope you did this on Monday just to be a little more Patriotic.
Good going.
I told before you that if you have air and not in any rush you can do what I did .I bought a polisher on an online auction for a good price everyone wants the electric version

Anonymous said...

Frank, The "fire" works on Memorial Day will not soon be forgotten. Thanks for the smiles.

Anonymous said...

You could have lit that much easier with your harbor freight propane flame thrower with auto ignition.
When not starting fires it also works well for burning the wings of airborne carpenter bees.

Rick Davis