Sunday, May 18, 2008

I am seeing it all different now....


I have been blessed with some very positive comments to both this blog and through the AirForums. The polishing had gotten to me and I sort of started to stumble. I wonder if anyone has ever thrown in the towel and sold their trailer on Ebay half way through polishing. Anna now is compounded on both end caps, the roof, and the whole street side. The lower front curb side panel has been done since this photo was taken. Compounding has been very slow because it rains every other day. One of the emails I received was from the owner of a fairly famous trailer. Looks like I found one Argosy to park next to at the next rally. I really look forward to the CrawFish Festival Rally. We will be having a blast without any kids... hey, their Grandparents love the opportunity to spoil the living shit out of them. My parents take Ava to Mc Donalds every time, I swear, just to spite me, now they can do the same with Halle.

So This morning I went out and tried a new approach mentally and figuratively. I am an avid listener of The Vintage Airstream Podcast. I love the show, not because I have been on, but because I learn something new every time I listen. Yesterday, while working, I listened to episodes 19 and 20. Those two shows focus on polishing. I listened and took it all in. Then I listened again and really took it in, inhaled it real deeply, held it in. Today I went back at it with a new attitude. Today I went back to the Shirley Method. I love that lemony smell of Nuvite F7. I love the smell of Nuvite in the morning, it smells like victory. I inhaled the smell of Nuvite deeply and held it in. Stay tuned for more to come....

2 comments:

crowldawg said...

You asked the question about giving up and selling it .
I think my Globetrotter was one of those .It doesnt look half bad from the ground and was listed as polished .Yesterday I climbed up to figure out how I was going to remove the air conditioner .OMG i don't think the roof has been looked at in 42 years!

Anonymous said...

Nuvite! Yes!! Now your talkin' sense.