Sam is the man, the man that hooked me up with some parts I needed. He also hooked me up with some parts I wanted. "This one's for Sam Baldwin" will be appearing a few time on this blog. Sam had saved all his extra parts when he did his renovation and I got so lucky. One of the things that bothered me on Anna was the Atwood water heater. It is totally unable to blend in to the profile of an Airstream.
As you can see, a sore thumb...
I got these two heat diffusers from Sam. I used these to make my new Atwood blend in.
I used two ribbed panels to cover the front, using the break to fold over the edges.
I then drilled and clecoed for rivets...
And ended up with this.
Next I got the plate ready for the exterior patch. This was fabricated out of .040 thickness 2024 T3.
The final thing I did was to make this wooden frame to fasten the water heater to. I used Spanish Cedar, which is more resistant to rot than treated lumber. It is what I use for all my exterior woodwork. I am confident that it will hold up for a long time.
Great Day in Santa Rosa! - At the Rebuild Green ExpoThis has been an extraordinary day. By now, I'd say 20 people have come up to our booth about the influence of our books on their...
9 hours ago