Monday, December 24, 2007

escalation


The job gets bigger and bigger every day. Just two days ago I had only 4 feet of floor out...

Now I have the rear 8 feet removed.....

I got out the grinder and removed the rear cross member and cleaned out the rusty side plates...


I will be getting busy next week on obtaining new steel and a welder to make the necessary repairs to the frame. I will also be making some minor alterations to accommodate a 28 gallon wash water holding tank. I will post more on this once I have obtained the tank. I cannot see the point of making any alterations until I have the actual tank in my hands.
Today I was visited by Mary and Rick. They are fellow Airstreamers and members of the Washington DC Unit. Mary and Rick have 1961 Safari that they have been working on for the past two years. It was very nice to have some visitors give their two cents at what they are seeing. Often someone else will notice things you do not. Earlier in the week I was also visited by another WDCU member named Tom Waugh. He has one of those mod 1969 units that he has been working on for awhile. I hope I can get out and see their projects in person soon.

No comments: