Sunday, October 7, 2007

We had a #&@$' %* great time....



This weekend we went to our first rally with the WDCU. As I think I had stated earlier, we are/ were Airstream virgins. We have never owned an Airstream or even a travel trailer, but this weekend my family became "experienced". We joined the WDCU on the recommendation of Rob Baker. He told me that the unit was young-minded, all about camping and having fun. Everyone was laid back and very open. The other aspect that I was attracted to was that there were families with kids. Ava made friends instantly and was off playing at every free moment. I found all the kids to be very well behaved and felt very comfortable knowing that they off wilding in the play ground. I truly enjoyed everyone I met, and look forward to camping with all of them for years to come. The Reason for the rally was to install the new officers. Being the newbie, well,... all that means little to me at this point. Maybe as I get more active it will mean more, but for now... Instead of calling Paul "the Prez", I will now call Pete "Prez". The installation dinner was a lot of fun. Garnett steamed up some wonderful crabs... must have eaten 7 or so... alright 8. The new Officers dressed up in fine formal attire, fitting an Installation Banquet, however way too over dressed in my opinion for a camping club. Sure hope it all gets straightened out.



There were some beautiful units there. They ranged in from 1958 to, I think 2007. I can safely say we had the least shiny trailer at the rally. I really like it that way. Beth says she is going to polish it, but I hope she changes her mind. I like the dull pewter look much more than the bright. To each his own...
Anna felt like home and all three of my girls seamed to feel comfortable too. The next rally we are attending is Cherry Bosson in April, then in May, Ottawa, Canada. I need to go check map-quest and see how far that is.... 528 ,eight and a half hours... wonder if Rob will have courtesy parking available on May 21 so we can break it up into 2 days... much easier with Halle if we keep the days drive to about two- three hour sprints.

No comments: