Saturday, April 5, 2008

light at the end of the tunnel or on the circuit box?

Not much time for anything except a quick post....

This might look like any ordinary curcuit box, but if you look closely to the left corner you will see the red light glowing which shows that power is flowing.... four months and the lights came on like they use to

I have been busy overhauling the cabinets. I am using two types of maple. This is Ambrosia maple. It is called that because it shows all the characteristics of maple. It is highly figured and on one board there is curly, quilted, birds eye, ghost, wormy, and burl all going on together.

This is the second type of maple. This is fiddle back or tiger maple.

This is the curb side twin bed front. It has four inset drawer fronts.

Here is the street side twin front with laquer on it. There is no drawers here, the water tank and water heater are behind it.

I promise to post more tomorrow...

7 comments:

the byamcaravanner said...

Frank,

It's better than you described! That Ambrosia Maple is a great compliment to the cork flooring. I bet those Ambrosia Beetles worked long and hard to provide you with such beautiful materials for your project.

crowldawg said...

Frank nice choice of wood .It looks great . I chooze to stay with the original ash . Instead of the original luan in the cabinets and draw I'm going with Finnish Birch.One more injection in the back and I hope to get back to working and taking pictures

Fireflyinva said...

Frank, that is just gorgeous. Your work is really inspiring...Rick and I can't wait to see you and learn all about the little details!

Fireflyinva said...

Frank, that is just gorgeous. Your work is really inspiring...Rick and I can't wait to see you and learn about all the gory details behind the beauty!

IndyAnne said...

I found the breaker box circuit box when I removed the plastic surround and all of the bathroom components. It has a little red light, but I doubt anyone has ever seen that little light since 1968.

Anonymous said...

Frank,

Someone might have already told you, but that light on the breaker box is a polarity light. On my '67, the light being on means there is a wiring problem with shore power.

Tom

Frank Yensan said...

Tom, I have always been told the light comes on when you do have polarity with the shore power. From what I remember of wiring it in, the light wires into the hot side of the feed. My polarity tester has it coming out of the outlets right.