Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am crushed.... beat down... wiped out.

For the past five months I have been working diligently at renovating Anna. I have made steady forward progress, but the past three weeks have been over the top. I have been getting up at 4 am so that I could work two hours before going to work. After work, I have been going at it until late into dark time. The best part of this schedual has been that it repeats it's self easily and on Saturday and Sunday I do not get distracted by paying work. I have been working this hard so that we would be able to attend the Cherry Blossum Rally hosted the WDCU. Today (two days later than planned) we leave in this....

The thing that probably was the hardest on me was the plumbing. After countless trips to the orange or blue box to get another or other or something else, here is the results...

I will tell you this, PEX sucks. Next time, next trailer it will be old school copper. I could have done this job for one tenth the cost and I am pretty sure that I would not have had all the leaks that I did. Live and learn....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I can tell, it looks like a job very well done. But one picture of the bathroom could not possibly do it justice. After you catch your breath, please post more pics. Thank you and Heartiest of Congratulations, Maestro!!

don

John Kwasnik said...

Yes Frank Yes!!! Looks sweet as hell! Nice!

crowldawg said...

Frank,
You have done one hell of a job .I got tired of people asking me how much it cost ,how much could I get fot it etc.I did the resto because I wanted to and I could.
I'm still way ahead of the game because when I'm done it will be the style and materials I chose .Don't disappear into cyberspace because I have a ton of questions to ask you about that plumbing .
I have decided to go with copper so that makes me feel better that you are not happy with the pex .
Enjoy your buggy and best of luck with it
tom crowley ,Orient,NY

IndyAnne said...

Frank, you've done an amazing project. I keep track because I am in early stages of my own with a 1968 Trade Wind Airstream.

I am quite interested in your experience of the PEX tubing. The concept seems to be very good, but if the time and money detract from the experience and accomplishment, that counts for a lot.

Great work, Sir.