Sunday, March 2, 2008

The one I was looking for....


Ladies and Gentlemen, This beautiful rivet is the one I have been looking for. I have been looking for it in many ways. The first and most important way is the fact that this is the last belly pan rivet needed. The belly pan is now officially buttoned up. This is also the rivet I was looking for because everywhere I searched, they were out of stock. Fortunately for me Steve Klohn, AKA Byam Caravanner, had bought them months ago and was able to spare a bag of 100. Thank you Steve for helping a brother out, I will find a creative way to pay you back. You will note the still split thumb tip from weeks ago... Aluminum is sharp stuff and when it cuts you it cuts deep.

I got the rear of the frame painted a few days ago and tucked the belly pan up and in. I then drilled and clecoed it into place.

I worked the air riveter on the outside...

Monty operated his Buddist Bucking Bar from the inside....

And together we put her back together. Anna is now road worthy again, after three months of being torn apart at the seams. This is traditionally when most folks loose interest and sell their projects. To counteract this fact I am going out to hook her up and take her around town for a spin. Time to go show off my girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

don c

Scott & Megan said...

Thanks for the info on the cabinets. Since we are restoring I am going to rebuild from scratch, using the old ones as patterns. Have a bisquit jointer and a pocket hole kit, as well as the basic woodworking tools. Will reuse major faceframes etc since they are all good, but all plywood will be for sure redone. Thanks for the species help, was hearing that maple was the choice but my thoughts were oak as were a wookworker friend.

Sorry for the slow response, didn't notice the comment options on the posts.